Friday, May 27, 2011

Easily amused.

Many of my nearest and dearest, and not so near and dear, will readily agree with the fact that I am easily amused. Like a little kid. They say it like it's a BAD thing. Why is it a bad thing that seeing a man wearing a funny hat with two small dogs (one on each shoulder!) ALSO wearing funny hats makes my freaking week?! And yes, that DID happen!

So, I would like to make an argument for being easily amused being a good thing.


It's hard to get bored.

This is the obvious one. While you're sitting around late at night wondering what to do with yourself, since everything is closed, I'm across the street climbing some MoFu dinosaurs! Yes, this is not the first time I've mentioned climbing dinosaurs, it IS something I actually do. I live next door to a museum, they have some out side that I found out through a co-worker who's wife works at said museum you're technically allowed to climb. How did I get into that conversation? I don't recall, but odds are I asked if he knew what the rules on climbing the dinosaurs are.

I spend less on entertainment.

Don't get me wrong, I sink PLENTY of money into going out and adventuring (need a proper adventure hat. Those don't grow on trees, you know). However, when you're just as happy having a night out getting belligerent (we all know how much I hate my liver), hitting up the movies, or going for a wander and getting ice cream and/or hats (hats made of ice cream?) or hanging around drawing pictures of dinosaurs with your friends (yes, this has happened. More then once) you can save a LOT of money.

I'm incredibly easy to cheer up.

Some of The Boy's preferred methods of cheering up the Erikla are:
Staring pointedly.
Making silly faces
Letting me push the elevator button (this is an on going battle)
Staring some more
Pointing out dogs/silly hats/bits of fluff in our surroundings
Touching one boob, and then not the other because then I get fixated with being uneven.
Talking about dinosaurs/robots/unicorns.

Life is just WAY more fun.

Seriously. Think of the last time you got super excited. It happens every few days for me. And doesn't cease to be awesome.

I'm told it's endearing

Hard to endear yourself TO yourself, but other people seem to find my excitability endearing. It's also often contagious.

Shopping for me is pretty easy.

Some of the best gifts I've ever been given are:
A rubber chicken
Laser eyes (sun glasses with laser pointers strapped to the sides. Best. Valentines. Gift. EVER)
A giant stuffed Horse (his name is Baxter)
A soap dispenser shaped like a nose

My OWN easy amusement translated into me giving some interesting gifts.Such as an inflatable clown punching bag (This was for The Boy. I'm waiting for him to sneak it into bed with us in the night).

Easy to get out of trouble over small things. Big issues I'll stay on or bring up again later, but if you just stole my last orange jelly bean even though I had two red ones left and there has to be one of each color at the end! Yelling "Look! That cloud looks like a cloud!" will probably get you out of my wrath.

So, next time people say "You are so easily amused" with that condescending tone, I hope those of you who are with me can take comfort in knowing our lives are clearly more awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my god, you are so right, I am exactly like this.

    ReplyDelete