Thursday, March 21, 2013

News and merch snarking

What? No 50 Shades post this week? I can write on my birthday but not on a random Wednesday? Am I still hung over from my birthday? Shockingly, no. I'm dealing with some health stuff which is making life more stressful and difficult (I'm fine, for those of you about to ask) and that is taking away from my ability/will to write. Don't worry, I'm not going on hiatus, either.

The new (temporary) posting schedule:

Sunday and Thursday.

I will aim to continue doing 50 Shades posts on Thursdays, but I just don't have the time to commit steadily to it. If anyone is interested in doing a guest post and doing a chapter for me (much like what The Boy did) this would be a great time to make that offer. Just sayin'. You can contact me via e-mail (somethingshortandsnappyblog@gmail.com) in the comments, or on Twitter (@SnappyErika). Every other Sunday will be Will's Ender's Game deconstructions, the next one of which will be this Sunday! Are you excited? Because I am.

For those of you who don't want to remember all that, if you follow me on twitter I tweet new posts so you can have it all conveniently delivered through your twitter stream!

And now, since I can't leave you guys hanging, here are some 50 Shades inspired merch for your pleasure and my suffering.

There is an actual cook book called 50 Shades of Chicken. This upsets me on many levels. Several of which are because I am a cook. Would you guys want to see me hate-review it?

The merch is apparently aimed at teenagers despite being a very adult book. Although why do they keep being all HANDCUFFS WOOO when we have yet to see any? And don't responsible BDSMers tend to use soft restraints as to metal handcuffs?

Cocktails which are naturally made with (50 Shades of) Grey Goose. I'm not sure which upsets me more. The pun or the fact that I didn't come up with it first.

And let's not forget etsy.

Also on etsy, a onsie. Because it's important to plant little psychological landmines for your kids in their baby photos.

I'm not even going to bother linking to the handcuffs and linger. They're too obvious.

You guys can see Will on Sunday, and I'll be back next Thursday! As always, comments are loved, and thank you all for your patience with the fluctuating schedule! Hopefully things will get sorted out quickly and I can go back to pumping out a bajillion words a day no sweat!

6 comments:

  1. regarding onsie:


    people are getting pregnant from reading a book? should i be worried about where people are putting their ereaders?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I enjoyed Fifty Shades of Chicken. The parody was well done and the recipes that I tried were delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I wondered if the onesie would be on this list, and sure enough! That thing gives me a chronic case of the creeps. Emblazoning "Haw haw we had sex" on your infant aside, what are these people's love/sex lives like that it took the world's worst-written, most sinister book to get them in the sack? I imagine they live sad, confusing lives full of stunted relationships. And then I think about their kids, and all that pity abruptly relocates, because damn,

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't know about any of the recipes, but I could watch that video over and over. That was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lol'd at 50 Shades of Chicken. Especially the twitter feed, which is apparently written from the chicken's point of view: He takes a tangerine and eases it slowly, slowly inside me. OH THE FULLNESS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I don't believe the "Icing is for 18+" excuse for a second. I remember shopping there when I was fourteen (and probably younger) and totally thought it was Claire's without the room decor. If The Icing really is for adult women, they *really* need to work on their image.

    ReplyDelete